Thursday, January 26, 2012

Online Learning Activities

Good afternoon.  I shared a website with the students that offers several excellent math learning activities.  The site is for PBS's Cyberchase.  The first activity requires students to match equivalent fractions.  You can find it here: http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/math-games/melvins-make-match/  Another activity is to find 13 ways to make one half.  That is at this link: http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/math-games/thirteen-ways-looking-half/

Thanks for the emails and notes asking about how I'm feeling.  I am fine, but will probably have a cough or congestion for several weeks.  Once it sets in, I don't give it up too easily.  The online grade book was reopened Monday while I was out.  I plan to update all grades this weekend.  If you have been checking, I'm sorry for the delay.  Look for updated grades on Sunday and work to come home Monday.  Thanks so much!

Also thanks go out to the moms of 7 and 13 for heading up the teacher luncheon last week.  Thanks to those of you who contributed items for that.  You all go above and beyond to make the teachers and staff here feel appreciated.

No comments: